I want to begin by thanking each and every one of you. Your dedication to our customers, partners, and each other, especially in light of this global pandemic, is second to none. In the midst of managing your personal concerns and situations, I’m hearing incredible stories where you are stepping up to help our customers with their needs. As these stories emerge, I want you to know that the health and safety of you and your families is our top priority.
As the last few days have demonstrated, we’ve prepared and responded to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic reaching the communities we serve. To date, we have one known positive case of Coronavirus within our Pomeroy team. I am happy to report that our team member is home, receiving medical care, and doing as well as possible. We continue to monitor and are prepared to respond in everyone’s best interest. We are doing everything in our power to ensure the safety of our employees, customers, and partners, and to help limit the spread of this virus by following the CDC’s guidelines.
As a technology services organization, we have a unique role with the customers we serve. In fact, the recent shelter in place order in California, specifically references 16 critical infrastructure areas that are exempt from the order and which includes Information Technology. We have responsibilities that differ from many other companies and our services are considered essential as we support healthcare, financial, and grocery customers. We continue to take steps to ensure the ongoing delivery of services while keeping the health and safety of our team members our top priority.
We have implemented a work from home approach across every line of business possible. For our team members that must work from our facility or client sites, we have implemented best practice protocols for your health and safety. The implementation of social distancing, modified work shifts, additional cleaning protocols, healthcare guidance tools, partnering with clients to implement cleaning and isolating work areas, and providing protective equipment all designed to help lessen the COVID-19 risk to everyone in these work environments.
What I would like you to know
- We are here for you. If you have concerns about your safety, or other work-related concerns just ask. First talk to your manager and engage with your HR business partner. We are communicating with your managers.HR is ready to help you and your managers work through your concerns.
- Work from home will continue where possible. Please continue to work with your management team on your specific role, tasks, and ability to work from home. I’m trusting and expecting each of you working from home to actively engage in this temporary, “new normal” way of working so that we can continue to exceed our customers’ expectations.
- When work from home isn’t an option. We understand we have essential work to be performed at our customers’ sites and within our logistics centers, configuration, depot, managed services, and other areas of our business. I ask each of you to be disciplined in following the CDC’s guidelines for your protection and all of those around you. Remember that if you feel sick or have symptoms, you should not come to work. Contact your manager and HR right away.
- We need you to be flexible. We may be asking some employees to be flexible, work an alternate schedule, and non-standard hours.
- If you have any questions, please speak to your manager.
We’ll continue to monitor the situation and keep you informed via email and updates via our COVID-19 Response Team and internal SharePoint site, https://gtn.sharepoint.com/sites/US-ION/SiteDirectory/bcp_dr/SitePages/pandemic.aspx .
Moments of truth like this one, test and define who we are and what we stand for.
Thank you for helping us fulfill our mission to be there when our customers, partners, other team members, and communities need us the most.